As a reviewer not only will you review program grant applications but make recommendations to fund new programs throughout the state. This opportunity will also provide you with an inside look at what it takes to submit a grant application for state funding.
This opportunity demands extremely motivated individuals who will work inside tight deadlines and under their own supervision. We need someone to critique on web applications. No experience is necessary as training is provided to all reviewers.
Performs grant evaluations and reviews and approves original and amended grant applications; assists in implementing the federal funded grant program to ensure the effectiveness and assure all programmatic and fiscal components correspond to the program and makes recommendations to fund new programs throughout the state.
A reviewer will be required to read and review grant applications and examine supporting documents (e.g. budget, program goals and performance metrics, memorandums of understanding, letters of support, etc.).
• Attention to detail
• Possesses excellent organizational skills
• Self- motivated and able to work independently
• Possesses good interpersonal skills to contribute in a team environment
• Possesses excellent listening skills
• Communicates clearly and concisely with other reviewers via video conference, telephone and in written format via email.
• Ability to be effectively trained on program requirements and learn how to quickly apply those requirements accurately when reviewing applications
• Possesses good judgment skills and recognizes when it’s necessary to consult with the Team Leader
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
Download the full description here: